Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Blues

Today My husband was out all afternoon doing a Fantasy Football draft with his friends, so I thought it would be the perfect time to craft. I was looking for something to go in our bedroom that matched our decor, but haven't been able to find anything, so I made this awesome very affordable mason jar  to spruce up the room. An easy to follow Demo is below...




First of all you need the supplies.. Glitter spray, Mason Jars, and a newspaper for the extra splatter. I used the sports section because it's the most useless :) The mason jars I had lying around, but you can purchase them at any store for under a dollar or use any other glassware that you may have.


The glitter spray I used was Krylon Glitter Blast purchased from Hobby Lobby for 7.99 They always have 40 percent off coupons so don't buy it without one! They had many different colors but I used the  Sparkling Water as it went best with my bedroom color.


The first step is to create an area for your project. You don't need a large space but because the spray does splatter you don't want to do it in your house. I went outside and sprayed it in my yard but a garage or basement would work. Make sure you put newspaper under the jar.


The next step is all the fun! Spray liberally in a downward motion all over the jar. I started at the top and worked my way down. Its ok if it has drip marks they will fall down to the newspaper and you can cover them with a second coat. It is a warm day so it only took 25 minutes for the first coat to dry. I just spot sprayed for the second coat to even out the spots I missed the first time. Wait another 25-30 mins (maybe longer depending on the thickness of the coat and drying conditions) then flip upright and spray the rim.


I waited another hour before brining them in the house but Voila! in 2 hours time I have turned an ordinary mason jar into a beautiful piece of art. It's very affordable and really adds some character to the room.


Now I just have to figure out what to put in them! Enjoy!

Posted by EE

No comments:

Post a Comment