Sunday, November 4, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Soup

Today was another cold sunday. With daylight savings time i found myself awake and done with my chores by 11 this morning, so I wanted to make a warm and delicious dinner to go with this dreary day. Not originally being from Buffalo I have learned to love the foods that come with the city. Buffalo wings are one of them. I know there are many versions of this soup out there, but I think this one is the easiest and most delicious versions I have ever tried so I thought I would pass it along...

The ingredients needed for this soup are:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/4-1/2 cup Franks red hot sauce
6 cups of Milk


As you can see I decided to use skim milk and reduced fat sour cream. It is ok to make this a healthier soup. It tastes the same and makes you feel less guilty about seconds ;)

First step it to cook the chicken. You can do this anyway you prefer. I did the oven method because it's easier. My chicken breasts were large so I used two and baked them at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.



When done pull them out and cut down the center to make sure they are fully cooked through. (No pink)


Next you need to shred the chicken... Once I tried to use a cheese grater and I would not recommend this method :) The two fork way is the best and its so easy.


When everything is shredded put it in the crockpot 



Next add the cans of soup.... looks gross but trust me


Then add the sour cream...


And the Franks.... (Im told you cant use generic...I got in trouble for buying store brand once)..


Lastly add the milk...


Stir everything until it's combined and the soup is broken up...


Turn the crockpot on for a few hours, come back and enjoy!




This soup is amazing and you will get people everywhere hooked on it... The best part is it's easy to make and doesn't require many ingredients.. what are you waiting for? 

Posted by EE

No comments:

Post a Comment