Sunday, November 4, 2012

Christmas is Coming...

With christmas around the corner and our weekends filling up right and left I decided to get an early start on Christmas decorating. It's a shame that we only decorate for this holiday 1 month out of the year, so I thought all the hard work sound be admired for a bit longer. Today I turned my ordinary window into a work of art with spending little to no money doing so... Can't beat that right? 

The supplies needed for this project are limited and simple:

Ribbon... (I like the look of all different sorts and sizes, so I went with thicker/thinner pieces, sparkly ribbon, and multicolor christmas ribbon).

Ornaments... (again i like variation so i used all different sorts and sizes of ornaments).

Hooks...(I used regular christmas hanging hooks you can use fancy ones if you want).




Now I bought all the supplies at craft stores. The ribbon was all purchased at Michaels and most of it was out of their clearance bin so less than 1.00 each. Some of it was in their holiday section but all marked down 50 percent.

The ornaments are a mix, some I purchased at Hobby Lobby, and the rest I had from previous years... This is obviously the cheaper way to go but we didn't have many ornaments on hand

The first step was to remove the curtains from the window.... I left the red ones because they were christmasy but the middle white ones had to go...



Next start cutting the ribbon at different lengths and tie them onto the curtain rod. I like symmetry so I did the same ribbon on both sides and worked my way toward the middle. (sorry for the picture quality I really should have done this at night)...




Once you have all the ribbon on the curtain rod, just add the ornaments with the hooks to them...







Shortest blog ever... that's how simple it is. You can have everything asymmetrical, or you can use the same ribbon and ornaments for the window.. whatever floats your boat and whatever you have on hand... I made a space in the middle of my window for a christmas tree that will be added at a later date (as you can see they taper in the middle). It literally took me 10 minutes to do this and it completely transforms your room from boring to fabulous. 

Posted by EE

No comments:

Post a Comment