Sunday, October 28, 2012

Easy Toll House Pie

With Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought it would be a great time to post a recipe for a delicious pie. Now I know a lot of people are not fans of pie but who doesn't like a great chocolate chip cookie? This is practically like eating a giant cookie, and it's really easy to make, so it's worth attempting to win over the pie haters. 

These are the ingredients you need for the pie:

1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell (I used the store bought crust. It's just as good as homemade... here I used Wegmans, but the pillsbury works just as well)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) 



First step... Crack the eggs and beat them in a large mixing bowl until they are foamy...



Add the flour...


Sugar...


And Brown Sugar...


Mix well until blended completely...


Next step, melt the butter. I didn't think you needed pictures but here they are anyway...



Once melted, pour into the batter and mix until smooth. 




Add the chocolate chips. I used about 3/4 a bag. It calls for half, but I like my pie very chocolaty so use your discretion as far as this step goes. 


Mix well until completely blended and looks like cookie dough... 


Next lie the crust over the pie dish, and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom


I used a smaller pie dish, so with the extra crust, I folded it over till the ends just meed the edge of the dish.


Then pour the batter into the pie crust and even it out ...


Use your fingers to create a serrated look for the crust (see youtube video if confused) and put in the oven at 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes...


Not the greatest picture, but it sure will have the greatest taste! When sliced, the outcome is a rich chocolaty mouthful of pie that will sure be the hit of the gathering. Enjoy!


Posted by EE

No comments:

Post a Comment