Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Its been a while since I posted something but being that it's a cold and rainy day I found it fitting that I post a recipe about a delicious warm fall treat that will wow anyone who eats it. Best news... It's really easy to make. I cannot take complete credit for this recipe, my friend Maria made it for Canadian Thanksgiving a few weeks ago and I have not been able to stop thinking about it since... So here it is for you!

First of all here are the ingredients you need for this cake:

1 Package yellow cake mix
1 can (15oz) solid packed pumpkin
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup melted butter (salted)




I sent my husband out to do the shopping and he came home with the 30 oz pumpkin, so I just used half and put the rest aside for another day. 

The first step to making this cake is greasing a 9x13 pan. I used a regular cooking spray but it doesn't really matter what you use



Then in a fairly large bowl combine the Pumpkin...


Evaporated Milk...



Eggs...



Sugar...



And Cinnamon...



Combine all of these ingredients with a wisk until they have a pumpkin pie look and consistency to them...



Then Pour what you have in the bowl into the greased pan...





When the "batter" is in the pan, open the cake mix and sprinkle the entire contents over the top as seen here ...



I had to use my hands to break up a couple of the big chunks and make the mix even over the top so don't be afraid to do that.

When this step is done, take your pecans and sprinkle them over the top of the cake mix...



When this step is complete, all you have left to do is pour the melted butter over the top...





Set your oven to 350 and bake for 45-55 Mins (Depending on how fast your oven cooks) wait till the top of the cake is Golden Brown, and Voila!




I couldn't pick my favorite picture so I put all 3 on here, It looks amazing and more importantly it will taste fantastic. This is a great thing to bring somewhere if you want people to think you spent hours baking. It's simple and the end result is simply amazing!  Enjoy!

Posted by EE

No comments:

Post a Comment