Thursday, October 25, 2012

The most amazing chili ever!


I thought It would be time for my very first guest entry. My Friend's father sent this recipe to him a year or so ago and it was the most amazing Chili... So I thought it was time to pass this along... Thank you Joe Speranza!


What you’ll need

2 to 3 lb roasting meat (here I’ve used 3lb of boneless pork, hidden behind the beans)
3 onions
1 can crushed tomatoes
4 – 5 green peppers
Fresh tomatoes
Chili seasoning (shown here is Ortega – not my favorite, but all the A&P had)
Baking pan


Place the meat in the roasting pan.  Here I’ve sliced the roast, but if you use boneless steaks you can place them in whole



Chop two of the onions up and spread over the meat


Pour the entire can of crushed tomatoes over the onion and meat


Cover with foil, loosely


Place in oven at 350


Note the time



Take out of the over approx 2 1/2 hours later


Part one finished, next we'll pull the pork and add the rest of the ingredients 


Use a fork to pull the meat apart. As long as you kept it covered in the over there should be a fair amount of liquid


Put the meat, all the beans, and the seasoning into the pot.  Rinse the cans with a little water and add that liquid to the pot.  Stir and heat over low heat.


While the pot is heating, cut up the peppers, onions and tomatoes




Bring the meat and beans to a low simmer, and let simmer for at least 15 minutes.  Stir it every once in a while, make sure to scrape the bottom – it may stick.


Add the vegetables, stir and let them heat through.



Done!  I tried not to overcook the vegetables, though you might want to let everything cook down (maybe an hour).  I wanted to try it with the vegetables still recognizable.

Posted by JS

No comments:

Post a Comment